Perfect for holiday parties, this velvety casserole is simple to prepare, yet bold in flavor and appeal. Delicious for both healthful and more “conventional” eaters.
3 cups cooked squash
1 cup water
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canned coconut milk (Native Forest brand)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp maple syrup (Grade B)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice 1-2 squash in half, length-wise, and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish with water. Bake for 60 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool. Remove skin.
3. In a blender or food processor, puree the squash, coconut milk, seasonings, and maple syrup until very smooth.
4. Transfer the puree to a pyrex pie pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until slightly golden.
5. Great served warm, or cold the next day.